Tuesday 30 October 2012

Reflection for planning

So far, I have planned my website using Popplet. Popplet helped my to design a clear template of what I wanted my website to feature. I have kept it basic as I don't want to over crowd my site with too much information. From researching other movies of the same genre, I have discovered that they either keep it simple and don't reveal too much or reveal certain plot lines. I want to avoid doing that when making my movie's promotional materials. To achieve my desired website I will used a short synopsis, simple pictures and text that leaves people wanting to know what happens and not feeling like they have heard it all before when watching it. I want to keep my trailer short, this is because the amount of footage we have wouldn't work if the trailer was long, this is because too much would be given away from showing parts of the movie meant for suspense. The main website I studied, the promotional site for Sinister, showed me that keeping my layout simple and not too bold works best/ The site for Sinister has a more interactive feel about it, using a rhetorical question - linked to the movie, as the URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment